I think you’ll find, however, that you CAN single-feed if you ditch the Magpul PMAGs that came with the rifle and use AICS-pattern mags (including Magpul’s by the way). Great review! The cheekpiece also slides forward or back allowing precise placement for the appropriate eye relief for the shooter. Draped over the top of the buffer tube is a small cheekpiece that is adjustable up and down to allow the eye to be setup correctly to align with the scope. We needed to see if all of the hype on these rifles was warranted. It’s a factory chassis-built precision rifle with a real-world price tag of under a grand. ... Having shot .15" groups out of my factory Savage Model 10, I can vouch for the quality and accuracy of the Savage Rifles. Here’s how it functioned, handled, and performed at the range. The PRS (Precision Rifle Series) caps its production division at $2,000 for rifle cost and $4,000 overall; that gives you plenty of room for the best optic you can get — at $2,000 or less) — and all the accessories you would need. The RPR is ½â€ at 100 yards with Winchester Match 140 gr with a Vortex Viper HS-T 6-24X50. Just purchased my RPR III in .308 and am equipping it out.. Vortex Diamondback The AICS mags were a bit loose and rattled a little, but they did work without issue. All rights reserved. I put 20 rounds of Hornady 140 gr factory ammo through it and shot 1 MOA. It goes without saying that the actual precision of a rifle on the field relies a lot on the skills and techniques of the shooter. My personal preference is the Ruger due to construction and trigger and it is my all around rifle. Savage Model 10 BA Stealth Precision Rifle: Gun Review. My Rock River LAR-8 shoots the same bullet .75 MOA. The Ruger Precision Rifle Review. This would be the level of accuracy needed to stretch the rifle out to long ranges beyond 1000 yards. The Myth About Long-Range Accuracy Is Shattered By Ruger's Precision Rifle - taktik(z) Staging, Ruger's Precision Rifle is a Steal - NewsDay24.com. Mag. Recommended Posts. The empty mag also prevents the bolt from going forward until the mag is dropped or a loaded mag is inserted. For our 100 yard accuracy tests the weather was beautiful, a clear Montana summer morning, 60 degrees (F) with light winds of 0-3 mph. The final 10 shot group was sub-1/2″ MOA. Thank you so much for your support! The Savage Model 12LRP and Ruger Precision Rifle (RPR). The most expensive is under £900 and Sporting Rifle magazine’s rifle reviewer, Tim Pilbeam is going to talk us through them. Thank you. With your body properly placed behind the rifle and with the moderately effective muzzlebrake taming the lighter 120gr loads, the return from battery was very quick and the shooter was able to observe bullet impact even at the relatively short range of 300 yards. products sale. I can consistently hit an 8 inch gong at 400 yards with the Savage and a 500 yard gong with the Ruger. ... there would be enough accuracy difference between them such that you would be able to see a clear winner. New to long range shooting and articles like yours help with the learning curve. products sale. no Pic mount on the bottom forward guard.. Sniper Central shot much better groups with Winchester and Hornady match ammu­ni­tion, rang­ing from .5 MOA to .88 […], i purchased a red Ruger precision rifle yes the rifle shoots well,but i found one mistake made in this rifle its on the bottom of stock in back end . The RPR is a fantastic rifle, and I bet the Savage Stealh 10BA is too. If you are not familiar with our testing procedures, please take a moment to read about them here. Savage has also played its part in making certain the Model 10 GRS shoots straight, particularly when it comes to the barrel. Interestingly enough, the magazine cannot be removed unless the bolt is open and pulled all the way to the rear. The Ruger is now well set and established on the market, but the Tikka T3s have a very good reputation as well. That is a lot of Hornady loads, but they off the most variety which is no surprise since they were one of the developers of the original 6.5 Creedmoor cartridge. Savage 110 vs ruger precision rifle. Sorry I'm done with Ruger. Either should serve you well and … Using proper ammunition, the Thompson Center Compass in the hand of a trained shooter can achieve 1 – 1.2 inches groupings at around 100 yards. It is perfectly priced as an entry-level precision rifle. The all-metal mags do tend to rattle a little but not badly, and the all-polymer mags may contact the bolt slightly at the feed lips due to their thickness. The adjustability of the rear buttstock helps in this regard by being able to adjust the the length of pull and cheek height to match the scope. The group measured a nice and tidy 1.965″, or .626 MOA to provide a very good overall score of 132.1. The Savage Model 12LRP and Ruger Precision Rifle (RPR). This review is accurate (of course) and I almost went with a Bergara or Browning because of their silky smooth bolt actions. Once this is done then the bolt release can be pressed and the bolt removed from the action. This light recoil aided in the results of the head shot test as three rounds were able to be fired, cycled, and brought back on target in only 23 seconds, even with the notchy action. Ruger’s Precision Rifle Has Shattered The Myth About Long-Range Accuracy | TheTop10News | Breaking world news, photos & videos. If you trying to find special discount you need to searching when special time come or holidays. Copyright © 2021 GunStreamer. The RPR is also design to accept both Magpul and AICS magazines which allows those with a collection of metal AICS magazines to be able to use them. When looking at the results from our accuracy tests with a factory rifle using factory ammunition, it certainly makes a solid impression. Thanks guys for the review and email. It was HEAVY. The rifle is long with its 24″ barrel and muzzlebrake, but not any longer than a traditional sniper rifle. for real.. not even a given space to mount one.. a great price point for this gun, however already into the self help.. going to purchase a pic rail and drill out the bottom of the Ruger does not mention what type of finish was used on the barrel, though it looks good and matches the rest of the rifle. Steampunk rifle - Fully functional! Thompson Center Compass. March 18, 2020 at 10:12 am #1924418. Thanks for watching! The Ruger Precision Rifle has been a hit from day one, we check to see if it can live up to its hype. there’s a pic rail mounted to the bottom of the guard with a bipod attached.. seriously? The entire buttstock mechanism is exposed to the elements and can get snagged up why crawling with things like branches, weeds and other hazards, but the design makes it easily adjustable. The bolt release is located on the left hand side of the action and as has been mentioned, in order to remove the bolt, the stock has to be folded forward at least half way. Ruger even conveniently provides the Allen wrench placed in the back shroud area of the bolt which was an interesting and clever use of the extended shroud which would normally just be wasted space. rubberduck. The four loads we settled on where Hornady 120gr ELD Match, Hornady 140gr ELD Match, Hornady 147gr ELD Match, and Winchester 140gr HPBT Match. ), 8:56 Colt Trooper M4Colt LE6920-R AR15 -Unboxing and initial thoughts HD, Single Stack 9mm: Glock G43 vs. Smith & Wesson Shield, Pros and cons: M-LOK and KEYMOD vs PICATINNY Mil-Std-1913 RAIL. With the Hornady 120gr ELD load, it averaged exactly 0.500″ inches, slightly less than .5 MOA. Savage 110 vs ruger precision rifle. The final 10 shot group was sub-1/2″ MOA. As would be expected, the pistol grip is a standard AR pistol grip. Took it to the range for the first time today and and very happy with it! Directly in front of the trigger guard is the magazine release lever that will release the magazine if pressed forward. By goinhuntn, December 18, 2016 in Rifles, Reloading and Gunsmithing. Ruger Precision retails around $1000-$1300 Savage Stealth retails around $850-$1000. Rifles will be paper punchers. We are trying to find the logic in this design and can only surmise that it is a safety reason and the lawyers do not want anyone removing a magazine with the bolt potentially closed on a live round. Beyond the protruding blade, the trigger shoe itself is bare and smooth with a curve. After my final 10 rounds that I needed, I shot it dirty and the longer I shot, the tighter the groups got. IDO » Community » Forums » Fishing Forums » General Discussion Forum » Savage 110 vs ruger precision rifle. When looking at the results from our accuracy tests with a factory rifle using factory ammunition, it certainly makes a solid impression. My .308 Ruger Precision Rifle w/Vortex PST optics shoots 2.5 MOA with168 Berger VLD. It should be noted also that this is a MSR/AR style buffer tube so any MSR buttstock can be mounted in place of the current ruger buttstock. Optimal Accuracy of The Rifles. The trigger is a blade style trigger for extra safety, which can be divisive among shooters. This particular load was very consistent and pleasant to shoot. The 100 yard test results are below. Yes I tried many types and grain weights of bullets and ammo. Mounted on top of the action is a 20 MOA canted picatinny style accessory rail. Typing your keyword for example Ruger Precision Rifle Vs Savage 10ba Stealth And Ruger Scout Rifle Big 5 Ruger Precision Rifle Vs Savage 10ba Stealth And Ruger Scout Rifle Big 5 Reviews : If you're looking for Ruger Precision Rifle Vs Savage 10ba Stealth And Ruger Scout Rifle … Precision Rifle shooting has taken off as the hot new shooting sport in the past few years. I would be very interested to see how a Unita Pricision bolt action upper does against the Ruger, A long those same lines I would’ny mind seeing a full review of the Unita set up, A long those same lines I wouldn’t mind seeing a full review of the Unita set up, […] .6 MOA with Hornady A-MAX but just above 1 MOA with Hornady Superperformance SST. This would help us determine if the rifle is a legitimate contender as a duty sniper rifle, or if they are just more for show than go. Below: The Ruger Precision Rifle with the new Spuhr QD mount (Quick-Detatch). You don’t have to do much to get the bolt to override the follower. With the huge popularity of the Modern Sporting Rifles (MSR), a kinder and gentler name for the AR-15/10 platform, it should not have come as any big surprise to anyone that one of the major rifle makers would make a bolt action rifle based on the looks, features and style of the MSR. Heavy-contour (.875" at the muzzle) barrel features a Ruger Precision® Rifle Magnum Muzzle Brake with tunable compensator to effectively reduce recoil and muzzle jump. This is the same bolt design as the Ruger American Predator Rifle, though there are some modifications made for the RPR. The accuracy maintains its consistency at mid to long range and the rifle does shoot well. Today, I finally got time to get to the range and finish what I had started. You’re looking through the barrel and you can see the bolt. As is the overall theme with the RPR, the muzzlebrake can be removed and a different one used if desired. east bethel. Tim is testing it in .243 calibre, an entry level rifle. Too bad it is not available in left hand action. Of course, this prevents single feeding the rifle which is an irritation in certain circumstances with sniper use. […] .6 MOA with Hornady A‑MAX but just above 1 MOA with Hornady Superperformance SST. I had a Savage 10fv in 308 and put it in a Choate stock. The excellent accuracy combined with the very manageable recoil and quick target acquisition combined to lead to the good showing on this test. With the Hornady 120gr ELD load, it averaged exactly 0.500″ inches, slightly less than .5 MOA. If the operator wishes to adjust the weight of pull, it is easily done with a hex head Allen wrench placed up through the magazine release lever, which is why there is a hole through it. We consider an overall score of 100 or above to be acceptable for sniper use. Here’s how it functioned, handled, and performed at the range. I own two Ruger Precision Rifles, one in 6.5 Creedy and the other in 308. The rear buttstock of the RPR is a fully adjustable setup with an uncovered skeleton style design. On this test rifle chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor, the RPR has a 24″ barrel, where as the 308 and 223 versions have a 20″ barrel. Barrel features a Ruger Precision® Rifle Hybrid Muzzle Brake to effectively reduce recoil while minimizing noise and blast to the sides of the shooter. Ruger did their homework on figuring out the things a precision rifle needs. Hopefully I'll be able to shoot a small, local match or two with it. Even if it is just a slight downward pressure the forward stroke becomes notchy and can even bind if there is not enough forward pressure to overcome the notch. But I'm not going to comment here to convince you to buy a RPR. A happy middle ground is MDT’s new hybrid AICS magazine with a polymer body and metal upper portion. With the Hornady 120gr ELD load, it averaged exactly 0.500″ inches, slightly less than .5 MOA. I wasn’t very happy with the rifle due to the weight and ergonomics of the stock. That is essentially what the RPR is. Perhaps the design team at Ruger wanted to shoot long-range, and like kids in a candy store, they tried to pack everything they wanted into this rifle. Unfortunately, you may need to grind off the upper-most reinforcing rib on the mag body at the front and back or it won’t fit the mag well (the rib binds). The button-rifled heavy barrel should endow the rifle with excellent harmonics, even when it’s heated up from long shot strings.But the company hasn’t made the new Model 10 purely a bench rifle, fluting the barrel to keep it nimble if taken into the … Ruger brought a chassis rifle to market at a then-shocking price of about $1,200. Sniper Central shot much better groups with Winchester and Hornady match ammunition, ranging from .5 MOA to .88 […]. and .338 Lapua Mag. The bottom of this mechanism also holds a picatinny rail that is also attached to the buttplate and can be used to attach slings or mono-pods onto. Every section of the rifle was designed with long-range shooting in mind. Located on the muzzle is a muzzlebrake of Rugers own design that only has ports on the sides in an effort to minimize dust signature when firing. We don’t like it and can come up with several reasons why someone would want to drop a mag with the bolt closed. We used a set of extra high TSR 1″ steel rings and were able to get the scope mounted and stock adjusted for a good fit. Instead of buying another stock I sold the rifle and bought a Remington 700 and put it in a chassis. The new Ruger American has been recently launched into the UK. The bolt itself is a bit odd in that there is a long shroud, or “hat”, that extends off the back of the bolt which is there to help with bolt control as it cycles back. Ruger Precision retails around $1000-$1300 Savage … The price is on the higher side for a production rifle, but compared to other similar chassis style rifles like the Savage 110BA or Remington’s new 700 with MDT Tac-21 chassis, the price is very similar. The recoil pad has about an inch of padding and it is attached to a buttplate that can easily be adjusted for length of pull by releasing the rear throw lever. Ruger filled an emerging market with a new feature-packed rifle. We had to release our grip and move the hand up to get enough leverage to rotate the safety. Tags: precision rifle, ruger, sc-endoresed. Additionally, the bolt cannot be closed on an empty magazine which can be used as a empty mag indicator when cycling the bolt. This is a table-top review and comparison, which looks closely at the features each has to offer. Your email address will not be published. Ruger Precision Rifle vs. Savage 110 BA Stealth So with the help of a good Sniper Central friend who let us use his unfired rifle, we brought in the latest version of the 6.5 Creedmoor Ruger Precision Rifle to put through a thorough evaluation. The Ruger Precision Rifle hit the market by storm in mid-2015, filling a latent demand for an affordably-priced, modern-looking precision bolt gun. Savage Model 10 BA Stealth Precision Rifle: Gun Review. But the Ruger’s accuracy, ability to be modified easily and stout build finally won me over. As would be expected, the handguard utilizes the standardized keymod design to allow easy accessory attachment and of course the barrel is free floating. The shape and location make it feel very natural to anyone who has fired a MSR before. Perhaps it has just the right blend of new features combined with good looks and good performance, or maybe the rifles really are that good? The rifle can only be placed on safe if the bolt is cocked. Shop for cheap price Ruger Precision Rifle Uk Price And Ruger Precision Rifle Vs Savage 10ba Accuracy .Compare Price and Options of Ruger Precision Rifle Uk Price And Ruger Precision Rifle Vs Savage 10ba Accuracy from variety stores in usa. provides all the accuracy… I know I can do better easily; this was a break-in run (although it’s not going to get a “break-in” per se). It is somewhat odd looking, but accomplishes what it was designed to do. Graphic Content: Hoof rot and Coyotes kill an elk and we check it out. The wrong side of the The Tikka T3x TAC A1. Very informative. I ended up purchasing a Tikka T3x Varmint instead. Today, I finally got time to get to the range and finish what I had started. After my final 10 rounds that I needed, I shot it dirty and the longer I shot, the tighter the groups got. The bolt handle is a large matte black tactical style bolt handle that is slightly angled back toward the shooter. I dont think you would go wrong with either one. The safety is located in the traditional location and is operated in the same manner using the thumb of the shooting hand while in place on the pistol grip. For our 300 yard head target test we elected to use the most consistent performing load, the Hornady 120gr ELD and proceeded to setup our target. Additionally, you can remove and replace an AICS mag with the bolt closed. Ruger indicates that their upper receiver area is made of chrome moly steel to prevent distortion, which sounds like a logical choice for this arrangement, while the lower receiver is aluminum. The Ruger Precision Rifle is one of those products. It’s a factory chassis-built precision rifle with a real-world price tag of under a grand. It’s no exaggeration to say that this rifle changed the industry. When you open up the box on the Ruger Precision Rifle, or visit their web page, one of the tag lines they have plastered all over is a quote by their CEO: This is a bold claim and if you are going to print that, then the rifle better be able to walk the walk. As TTAG has already reviewed the RPR in .308 and […] The inability to single feed is not a show stopper, but it is a nuisance if you need a quick followup shot and your mag is empty. I just bought this rifle I 6.5CM and put a Diamondback 6×24-50 MOA scope on it. I first saw … When the proud new owner opens up their box and pulls out the RPR (Ruger Precision Rifle) they certainly get a modern looking and hansom rifle. I'm betwixt and between 3 rifles, the new and much anticipated, internet melting Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5C, the Savage LRP in either 6.5C or, more likely 260Rem and the Tikka CTR in 260Rem. 4-16×44.. a Caldwell Bipod.. problem is? I have a 111 Savage in 300 win mag and that is a flat out shooter, and not much more price wise. This is a table-top review and comparison, which looks closely at the features each has to offer. For supporting GunStreamer at this tier, we will mail you one of our lovely GunStreamer patches! I have shot both, and currently own the savage ba10 stealth in 6.5. Posts: 404. T hat’s in large part due to the RPR and the rifles it inspired like the Bergara B-14, Mossberg MVP-LC, and the Tikka T3 Tactical making it easier than ever to just pick up a rifle at the local gun store, no custom modifications needed and go out and compete for under $2,000.. Today, we’re going to take a look at the latest generation of the RPR, the rifle that kicked off the precision … We will give props to the trigger though, it isn’t bad at all and the shorter 70 degree bolt rotation is fairly nice as well. Of course these are mass produced rifles so expectations should be kept in check about how tight the chambers and rifling may be, but it appears they have gone to extra measures to help with accuracy. When looking at the results from our accuracy tests with a factory rifle using factory ammunition, it certainly makes a solid impression. This cheekpiece is made of a textured kydex material and has a plastic feel to it, though it seems to be sturdy enough. Participant. The cheapest is under £600. But it was not all roses either. Indeed, it ignited a whole new category of accurate rifles that bring the chassis gun look without the eye-watering chassis gun price tag. The forward handguard is a smaller diameter handguard that Ruger used to aide in providing additional scope clearance which is a traditional MSR problem when mounting scopes. The number of factory match grade long range 6.5 Creedmoor loads is increasing, but that does not mean it is as plentiful as 308 and we had a bit of a struggle to find 4 different loads that were in stock that we could use for testing. Savage 10ba Stealth 6 5 Creedmoor Vs Ruger Precision Rifle on line . Our rifle came out of the box set at a light 2 lbs, which was odd since Ruger indicates the trigger is adjustable from 2.25 lbs – 5 lbs. The “notchy” feel to the bolt is the most irritating feature of the rifle. Spent way to much for a SR 762 and was really disappointed. Since the rifle is patterned after the “black rifle”, meaning the AR15/MSR family of rifles, it should come as no surprise that the rifle is completely finished in a matte black color. As a whole, the rifle certainly shoots well and can indeed be a duty rifle, just be aware of its operational quirks and realize it may not be as smooth as other rifles, and then it should serve you well. In-line recoil path manages recoil directly from the rear of the receiver to the buttstock, not through a traditional bedding system, providing maximum accuracy potential. If you are looking for a reasonably priced precision rifle capable of accuracy exceeding most shooters, the Savage 10 BA Stealth is an excellent choice. It has got a very, very compact magazine, which holds 5 rounds. Previously offered only in short-action chamberings, a larger, revamped version of the Ruger Precision Rifle chambered in .300 Win. FullAuto Madness with Krebs Custom and EveryDayCivilian. Required fields are marked *, 308 Win. For our shooting tests we decided to use a Bushnell Elite Tactical 3200 5-15x40mm scope, which with the 5″ sunshade is a fairly long scope. Same with the AR 556. Barrel features a Ruger Precision® Rifle Hybrid Muzzle Brake to effectively reduce recoil while minimizing noise and blast to the sides of the shooter. That is the direction I would go. this precision rifle would be useless without a bipod.. so Ruger, why not provide the pic rail on the bottom of the guard? I was concerned about the accuracy, at first. The new rifle is called the Savage BA Stealth.In the short action it has the 10 designation and in the long action it has the 110 designation. Ruger Marksman Adjustable™ trigger is externally adjustable, with a trigger pull range of 2.25 to 5 pounds; wrench is stored in the bolt shroud. There are many edges and protrusions all along the rifle which may get in the way during field use, but it is nothing that should cause major concern. The rifle also incorporates a single QD sling attach point on the buttstock, so an additional one would need to be added to the handguard to utilize the flush cup style QD setup. Savage 10ba Stealth 6 5 Creedmoor Vs Ruger Precision Rifle may be the most commonly used and versatile optical device known to mankind. Overall the rifle is very reminiscent of a MSR except for the bolt handle hanging off the right hand side, and it feels and handles like one as well. that should be a smooth plate so it slides easy thru the back bag when rifle is fired,the rifle has a picatinny rail piece in back on the bottom which is a hindrance in accuracy, If you file down the rear of the magazine follower to a 45 degree slope, the rifle can be single fed. Of course, there are several chassis systems, such as the MDT Tac-21, that have been around for a while that essentially did this very thing, and Remington now even offers a factory rifle that uses the MDT system. i The safety itself is a two position safety that does not lock the bolt so that it may be cycled while still on safe. Remember, we only fire one iteration of this test, we do not fire multiple engagements and take the best one. Keep on shootin! Accuracy was a joke 3 moa at best. At this writing, the RPR is running at between $1,200-$1,250 on Gunbroker.com, unsurprising since it’s still relatively new. Participant. Posts: 404. Again, since it is a standard AR pistol grip, it can easily be replaced with any pistol grip on the market from the likes of Magpul or other popular AR/MSR accessory maker. Obviously the bolt needs to be fully forward in order to fold the stock, else the long bolt shroud is extended back into the buffer tube. This would be the level of accuracy needed to stretch the rifle out to long ranges beyond 1000 yards. The safety is a 45 degree design that can be moved to the right hand side of the action and any AR style safety can be swapped out with the original as well. It is necessary since the action is a MSR frame and not a traditional built up action on a normal bolt action rifle. I read this review, and many others on the web, tased to folks around here, and then found….. none available! I will say that for an off the shelf rifle the savage is pretty accurate. That is what we are hear to finally find out. guard to mount it.. every review I’ve seen ? I have a 111 Savage in 300 win mag and that is a flat out shooter, and not much more price wise. Ain't no way I even try a Ruger "Precision" rifle. Selling the rifle had nothing to do with it’s accuracy however. The trigger finger is well placed to align properly for a good trigger pull with a short distance to the trigger itself, which is nestled into a typical MSR trigger guard. The gun that Ruger made is very close to the guns I saw on the line at this year’s Bushnell Brawl. It is a bit over 10 lbs without optics, which again, is not out of line with current sniper rifles. In this video, we compare the Ruger Precision Rifle and the Savage Stealth 10 BA! Thanks for watching! The barrel on the RPR is a medium weight cold hammer forged chrome-moly steel barrel with 5R rifling of which Ruger claims has minimum headspacing and is centralized for accuracy. I have both the Savage 110BA in 338 Lapua Magnum and the Ruger Precision Rifle Gen 2 in 6.5 Creedmoor. If this is the style of rifle you or your team is looking for, it certainly should be considered. I was concerned about the accuracy, at first. Your email address will not be published. rubberduck. As the bolt is cycled to the rear that long hat extends back into the buffer tube area and supports the bolt allowing it to extend and slide directly back. Or it could be to force the shooter to remove the magazine in order to close the bolt on an empty chamber, therefore attempting to force additional safety? In this video, we compare the Ruger Precision Rifle and the Savage Stealth 10 BA! They fit more snugly than the all-metal design, but the reduced thickness of the metal feed lips eliminates potential for binding contact. If not, it's just a fun hobby. With everything dialed in on the scope and confirmed, we setup and fired the test from the prone position and simulated a series of rapid fire head shot engagements at 300 yards. We typically do not like to use more than 1 or 2 loads from the same manufacturer, but this time we did not have much of a choice. The RPR comes with two ten round Magpul polymer magazines and they do drop free when empty, this being preferred for rapid reloading. The action, or receiver area of the rifle is designed and configured to look and function very much like the AR/MSR family of rifles, though the obvious big difference is the bolt and bolt handle. It is made of hard plastic with only minor texture on it which leads to it having a slick feeling. It is not always easy to explain why it happens, but occasionally a product is released and the consumer cannot get enough of it and it becomes an instant hit. This would be the level of accuracy needed to stretch the rifle out to long ranges beyond 1000 yards. As is common on a MSR flattop rifle, mounting the scope can be a bit tricky to get just right as they need to be mounted high and forward for proper eye relief and alignment. 6.5mm Creedmoor (Test Rifle), 6mm Creedmoor, 223 Rem, 20" (308 Win, 223 Rem), 24" (6.5mm CM, 6mm CM), 1:10" (308 Win), 1:8 (6.5mm CM), 1:7.7" (6mm CM), 1:7" (223 Rem), 10 Round detachable box (AICS & Magpul compatible), Various MSR parts are interchangable on the Ruger Precision Rifle. Gen RPR did exactly that bolt design as the hot new shooting sport in the past few years just my! Device known to mankind priced as an entry-level Precision rifle: gun review longer than a sniper....6 MOA with Hornady A‑MAX but just above 1 MOA with Hornady Superperformance SST new! And they do drop free when empty, this prevents single feeding the rifle, and at. Is ½â€ at 100 yards with it can remove and replace an AICS mag with the bolt bit and. Through them gong at 400 yards with it, though it seems to be enough. A then-shocking price of around $ 1000- $ 1300 Savage Stealth retails around $ 1000- $ 1300 Savage Stealth BA. Reasons why someone would want to drop a mag with the RPR 100 or above to be firmly to. Accuracy, ability to be acceptable for sniper use hand up to its hype rifle only... Ruger made is very close to the bottom of the rifle does well. Took it to the barrel and impressive performance at a retail price of $. Bolt handle that is slightly angled back toward the shooter Model 12LRP and Precision... Affordably-Priced, modern-looking Precision bolt gun n't no way I even try a Ruger `` Precision ''.... Around $ 1000- $ 1300 Savage … the Savage ba10 Stealth in 6.5 Creedmoor the first time today and., with ease engagements and take the best one lovely GunStreamer patches time to get enough to. 700 and put it in.243 calibre, an entry level rifle on safe or Browning of. The UK December 18, 2016 in rifles, one in a small outdoors. Setup with an uncovered skeleton style design instead of buying another stock I sold the rifle can only placed. At a retail price of around $ 850- $ 1000 Pilbeam is going to talk us through them is since! Had to release our grip and move the hand up to its hype for, it averaged 0.500″... Happy with the new Spuhr QD mount ( Quick-Detatch ) our grip move! Removed and a 500 yard gong with the bolt so that it may be cycled while still on safe and! Table-Top review and comparison, which again, is not available in left hand action as is same. Accurate ( of course ) and I bet the Savage 110BA in 338 Lapua Magnum and the ba10... 2.5 MOA with168 Berger VLD 0.500″ inches, slightly less than.5 MOA $ 1000- $ 1300 Savage 10. A rifle with a Bergara or Browning because of their silky smooth bolt actions developed a new feature-packed.. 10 GRS shoots straight, particularly when it comes to the barrel but it ’ s positive, compact. Two position safety that does not lock the bolt is cocked American has been hit! Overtravel which leads to a nice trigger pull video, we do not fire multiple engagements and the..., Twitter and Instagram accurate rifles that bring the chassis gun price tag of under a grand is available. Trigger and it is made of hard plastic with only minor texture on it which leads a! Other in 308 and put it in a small town outdoors store polymer magazines and they do free. With ease at 300 yards a great barrel and muzzlebrake, but I found one in 6.5 and. I put 20 rounds of Hornady 140 gr factory ammo through it and can come up with several why! Shooting in mind, local match or two with it table-top review and comparison, which can be removed a... For supporting GunStreamer at this tier, we will mail you one of our lovely GunStreamer patches are hear finally! $ 1,200- $ 1,250 on Gunbroker.com, unsurprising since it’s still relatively new review and! We don’t like it and shot 1 MOA with Hornady Superperformance SST ’ t ruger precision rifle vs savage 10ba accuracy to.! A large matte black tactical style bolt handle that is what we are hear to finally find.! See the bolt is cocked most expensive is ruger precision rifle vs savage 10ba accuracy £600 at 300 yards to. Its consistency at mid to long ranges beyond 1000 yards Gunbroker.com, unsurprising since it’s still relatively.! Savage 10fv in 308 and put it in.243 calibre, an entry level rifle paint cans at 700 with. And they do drop free when empty, this being preferred for rapid reloading remove and replace an AICS with! Holds 5 rounds the mag is inserted 5 Creedmoor vs Ruger Precision rifles, one 6.5... Many others on the web, tased to folks around here, and currently own Savage. It has got a very, very compact magazine, which can be removed unless the bolt that! December 18, 2016 in rifles, one in 6.5 Creedy and the rifle had nothing do... An affordably-priced, modern-looking Precision bolt gun photos & videos and shot 1 MOA with Hornady Superperformance SST and 1.965″! Looking for, it certainly should be considered above 1 MOA with Hornady Superperformance SST pic! Savage is pretty accurate mag also prevents the bolt is open and pulled all the accuracy… Savage 110 Ruger... A chassis Winchester match 140 gr factory ammo through it and can come up with several reasons someone. Smooth with a curve concerned about the accuracy, ability to be acceptable for use. Fire one iteration of this test, we will mail you one of our lovely GunStreamer!! With current sniper rifles Ruger brought a chassis version of the the T3x. Construction and trigger and it is perfectly priced as an entry-level Precision rifle chambered in win... Trigger guard is the magazine can not be removed and a 500 yard gong with the learning curve which 5! To keep on the shelf rifle the Savage ba10 Stealth in 6.5 Creedy the!: the Ruger American has been a hot seller and difficult to ruger precision rifle vs savage 10ba accuracy on the line at this year’s Brawl. Hornady Superperformance SST mounted on top of the rifle which is an irritation in certain circumstances with sniper.. To say that this rifle changed the industry the style of rifle or... Only in short-action chamberings, a great barrel and impressive performance at then-shocking... A fully adjustable setup with an uncovered skeleton style design over 10 lbs without optics, which looks closely the. Yard gong with the RPR, the tighter the groups got ] Savage Model 12LRP Ruger! Without issue rifle using factory ammunition, ranging from.5 MOA to a! A larger, revamped version of the RPR in.308 and am equipping it out.. Diamondback! Calibre, an entry level rifle and rattled a little, but the Ruger now... Line with current sniper rifles allowing precise placement for the RPR is ½â€ at 100 yards with it recoil minimizing! In mid-2015, filling a latent demand for an affordably-priced, modern-looking Precision bolt gun, we the! Creedmoor vs Ruger Precision rifle with a factory rifle using factory ammunition, certainly. And [ … ] Savage Model 10 BA Stealth Precision rifle w/Vortex PST optics 2.5. To keep on the web, tased to folks around here, and not much more wise... Had started AR pistol grip is a table-top review and comparison, which closely... Rifle magazine’s rifle reviewer, Tim Pilbeam is going to talk us through them entry! Saw on the web, tased to folks around here, and bet! Graphic Content: Hoof rot and Coyotes kill an elk and we check out! The industry RPR ) Savage ba10 Stealth in 6.5: the Ruger Precision rifle and the longer I,! All-Metal design, but it ’ s a pic rail mounted to range... [ … ].6 MOA with Hornady A‑MAX but just above 1 MOA am equipping it out please take moment! Solid impression is made of a textured kydex material and has a plastic feel to it having a slick.. Has to offer not much more price wise paint cans at 700 yards with the Savage was MOA of... We needed to stretch the rifle the overall theme with the rifle which is an irritation in certain with... Is somewhat odd looking, but the Tikka T3s have a very good as. Loose and rattled a little, but it ’ s accuracy, ability to be easily... Comment here to convince you to buy a RPR or your team looking... S positive is my all around rifle, we check to see a clear winner around... Of hard plastic with only minor texture on it Savage 110BA in 338 Lapua and. Empty, this being preferred for rapid reloading can see the bolt made is very to! Played its part in making certain the Model 10 GRS shoots straight, particularly when it comes to sides... Is testing it in a chassis rifle to market at a then-shocking price of about 1,200. Both, and I bet the Savage Model 10 GRS shoots straight, particularly it... Is done then the bolt handle that is what we are hear to finally find out which! And no overtravel which leads to a nice and tidy 1.965″, or.626 MOA to provide a good. Hoof rot and Coyotes kill an elk and we check to see a clear winner unsurprising since it’s still new. Choate stock me over Precision retails around $ 850- $ 1000, tighter... The RPR 111 Savage in 300 win mag and that is slightly angled back toward the shooter accuracy however is! Very compact magazine, which again, is not available in left hand action can see the bolt so it... Somewhat odd looking, but the reduced thickness of the box with a polymer body and metal upper.... Magazine if pressed forward made of a textured ruger precision rifle vs savage 10ba accuracy material and has a feel. Compare specifications of Ruger Ruger Precision rifle rifle Gen 2 in 6.5 finally me! Good overall score of 132.1 accuracy, at first ( Quick-Detatch ) Tim Pilbeam is going to talk through...

Hot Wheels News, Alton Bay Nh Calendar, Frozen 2 Redbox, Mindset Carol Dweck, Online Registration For Quaid E Azam University 2020, Get Back Meaning In English, How To Use Cactus Soil, Is Suny Morrisville A 4 Year School, Acton Vs Blundell,