3.4 out of 5 stars 10. $129.99 New. 4.2 out of 5 stars 11. Nevertheless, the Outpost bags are not in the same realm as the ultra-high-end bags on the market, and sacrifice some of the high-end materials and designs in favor of a lower price point. Some other bags have attachment straps that go directly to the headtube or fork crown to improve handling characteristics, but it comes at a cost. The bags’ dimensions change between sizes both in length and height, which should provide enough range to fit most frames whether there’s a shock and linkage to deal with or not. $109.95 $ 109. Dropper posts are popular for a reason, right? The Elite bag seeks to eliminate that feeling, but still keep a modular, easy-to-detach system that won’t rub on your frame. $47.00 Used. Of course you can use your own dry bag or stuff sack with the harness if you prefer. The Blackburn Outpost Frame Bag is perfect for a week long adventure or an all day pleasure ride. The frame bag is like a Harry Potter tent, no matter what I try to put in there, it fits whether it be way too much food on a bikepacking trip or a growler full of beer stuffed in with my normal commuting gear. Best Bike Trails | Streamlined and intelligently designed, the Blackburn Outpost Frame Bag comes prepared to store ample gear so you can sit back and enjoy the ride scenery rather than worrying about where you tucked your … The opposite side of the bag has a slash pocket that’s slightly larger than the zippered pocket. Enter your email address to receive our top stories via email each week. Blackburn Outpost HB Roll & Dry Bike Bag… Blackburn Outpost HB Roll & Dry Bike Bag. 5.0 out of 5 stars 1. Topeak MidLoader Frame Bag From $49.95 Salsa EXP Series Fat Hardtail Frame Pack $98.34 Wolf Tooth B-RAD Pump Bag $39.95 (1) Award Winner. Blackburn also offers two different Outpost handlebar roll options, and a Corner Bag that tucks into the corner created by your top- and seat-tubes…if you’re not using the Frame Bag. A seemingly small feature, the velcro provides an install system easy enough that it probably won’t add to frustrations in the field. Love this content? Blackburn’s design solves this issue. No straps needed, although they’re still there if you get sentimental. Then there’s the packing, and the eventual re-packing after first test rides reveal knee scrapes on an overstuffed frame bag, a seat bag that flops around worse than a fish out of water or a heavy handlebar bag feeling as though a linebacker friend is riding on your bars. The bikepacking craze has spun up in full force over the last couple years, and the industry has stepped up to provide gear to all the crazy riders who think loading their bikes up like pack mules and dragging them up and over steep mountain passes is a fun way to spend the weekend. Buy Blackburn Outpost Handlebar Roll and Dry Bag at Backcountry.com. Two hinged clamps attach the mount, which fit 31.8 or 35 millimeter diameter bars. If it’s food, water or tech equipment, the Outpost Elite Frame Bag is designed to be your new go-to bikepacking bag. FREE Shipping by Amazon. There is a velcro patch on the rigid mounting plate, which holds a loaded dry bag and frees both hands to install an encompassing strap system that holds the bag securely. Blackburn’s new Elite handlebar bag is also fully waterproof with welded seems, and has a built-in shock cord and molle straps for carrying additional items. Blackburn Outpost Elite Bicycle Frame Bag - Large Retail. Blackburn Outpost Top Tube Bike Bag. Outpost Corner Bag $ 35.00 – $ 40.00 A handy, rigid pouch that’ll fit into that odd space behind your head tube, for storing a CO2, tube and tools. Secondly, since these bags are mass produced, they are intended to cover as wide a range of bicycles as possible. 3.4 out of 5 stars 10. 95. $139.99 New. FREE Shipping by Amazon. Price: US $49.99. The outpost … I’ve got both the large frame bag and the seat bag. The new Blackburn Outpost Elite bags were designed with updated materials to provide better waterproofing and more weight savings than the original Outpost line, but Blackburn also spent a great amount of effort to ensure functional bags that help, not hinder, the adventure. The bag slides into the harness, and the two pieces clip together both to complete the waterproof roll-top. An entire Outpost setup would run you about $330, which is a good chunk of money, but it’s less expensive than going the full-custom route. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. … With a quick turn of a dial on the bracket, you can easily remove the harness and dry bag when needed. Blackburn Outpost Frame Bag. Blackburn Outpost Elite Handlebar Roll and Dry Bike Bag. Help support the channel! For one, there’s a steel cable that runs beneath your stem, between each arm of the bracket. Like the handlebar roll, you have a harness and a dry bag. Blackburn Outpost Medium Frame Bag Perfect for multi-day adventures. Two stretchy mesh pockets on the same side give more options for stashing small items you want kept at the ready. BTW I did that ramble too, and I was looking forward to your write ups on the ride and the gear, all were great reads! Blackburn Outpost Frame Bag Black Medium Cycling. Thanks for the kind words! I found it to be useful for carrying my Chapstick, as it was very easy to access while riding. The advantage of this is that it’s usually pretty easy to figure out how to install a seat bag, but the disadvantage is that to carry a heavy load, straps must be used on the seat post itself, which on dropper posts limits the travel significantly. Bike Magazine. 95. I agonized over which frame bag to buy based on all the different brands and sizes available. The mounting points are fairly easy to attach and hold the bag firmly in place. Company   Authorized Seller. Attaching at the seat rails, it provides rigidity to the harness and eliminates the need for a strap around the seatpost. $47.00 Used. 95. If it's food, water or tech equipment, the Blackburn Outpost Elite Frame Bag is designed to be your new go-to bikepacking bag. The mounting points are pretty limited: a seat rail and a seat post. Review: Showers Pass Refuge Jacket and Pant--the Perfect Fat Bike... Review: Fox 36 Float 27.5 160 FIT RC2 Fork. The bags’ dimensions change between sizes both in length and height, which should provide enough range to fit most frames whether there’s a shock and linkage to deal with or not. After squeezing out as much air as I could, the load packed down small with plenty of space to spare. The Outpost differs from the Revelate and Cedaero bags on the location of the lower attachment point. Blackburn Outpost Large Frame Bag $70.00 (4) Award Winner. There’s another zipper on the non-drive side of the bag, which opens up a long, shallow pocket. On the backside there is large external zippered pocket that would provide a perfect quick stash stop for a map and any snacks you would miss if they fell out on the trail. I found the Medium Blackburn Outpost Bike Frame Bag to be the best solution. Blackburn Outpost Large Frame Bag Perfect for week long adventures Blackburn carefully considered what is put in our bags and tailored the compartments, pockets and other features to meet … Waterproof materials, rearrangeable straps, two zippered entries to the main compartment and routing for a hydration hose are only some of the new features on the Elite frame bag. $7.95 shipping. 95. FREE Shipping by Amazon. The harness proved to be rock solid over 200 miles of riding, including bombing down washboard gravel at 30+ MPH. Quick impressions of the frame bag, handlebar harness and seatbag. Blackburn makes the Outpost frame bag in two sizes: medium and large (tested). That’s all there is to work with. Blackburn Outpost Large Frame Bag Perfect for week long adventures Blackburn carefully considered what is put in our bags and tailored the compartments, pockets and other features to meet the needs for most if not every essential that is needed to carry on for long trips on … Blackburn added a patch of velcro to the back of the bag and to the harness to keep it from shifting side-to-side. Photo Credit: Blackburn The seat bag on the other hand is almost too big. I recently visited Colorado for the Steamboat Ramble, a three-day bikepacking trip from Fort Collins to Steamboat Springs. Go to next slide - Best Selling. On the left side of the bag is a small zippered pocket for safely stashing your ID, credit card, and cash. It starts with bags—unshapely conglomerations of rip-stop Courdura, non-user-friendly mounts and (not) waterproof pockets. Blackburn Outpost Elite Frame Bag … Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Blackburn Outpost Frame Bag - Small at Amazon.com. Video: Tour de Great Himalaya Trail: A Taste of Mountain... Mountain Biking Through the Rocky Trail of Grief. Out of the box, the frame bag’s sharp looks and nifty zip-out expandable main compartment stole our hearts, making the Outpost Frame Bag our favorite Blackburn … Once you have the harness loaded, you clip the webbing to the daisy chain on the harness, wrap it underneath the stem, and clip the other end. There is something irresistibly appealing about bikepacking; perhaps it awakens the romantic within us, calling us out on grand adventures with nothing but our bikes to take us there and back again. $7.95 shipping. This is the bottom plate of the clamp that holds the whole system together. These bags would be a good fit for the casual bikepacker that goes on a few trips each year. They’re intended to increase grip on the frame, but prevent rubbing and paint damage. Get it as soon as Thu, Dec 3. The Elite bag is impressibly light, and I wouldn’t hesitate to keep an extra pair of dry socks in it during a heavy rain storm. They are removable and rearrangeable as well. Mass-produced bags are easy to make, but they don’t always fit every frame. Granted, Niner’s bikes tend to fit a bit bigger than most, though. Some have taken a more custom approach, making each bag to the specification of the customer, but at the cost of producing only low quantities and at higher prices. 5 out of 5 stars (3) Total Ratings 3, $59.99 New. The bag can be opened at either end, with a simple roll down and buckle closure system. With waterproof, lightweight materials and welded seams, and featuring removable Hypalon straps that protect your frame, the Elite Frame Bag … Simply slap the two hinged clamps over the bars, tighten the bolts and you’re set to go. A down jacket would have fit easily. The outpost can carry short or tall water bottles which is a nice feature and they have an elastic pocket on the outside that holds an Rx bar perfectly. It seems to be a pretty failsafe system. Mounting is taken care of by several straps, most of which can be repositioned to avoid interference with other bags or components. Get it as soon as Sat, Sep 5. Frame bags are tricky, mostly because there’s a lot of different frame styles out there. Copyright © A360 Media LLC 2020. As long as you pack the bag the same way each time, these are the only straps you need to mess with during your ride. I kept it full of Stinger waffles for my ride, but it’d also be the perfect place to keep a map. There’s even a pressure bleed valve so that you can really compress the dry bag and keep things tight. Your information has been successfully processed! Finally, the bags provide a good value. Blackburn Outpost Frame Bag Black Medium Cycling. Plus, the bottom of the detachable dry bag is protected below by harness system, which doubles as protection and a way of increasing stability. $34.99 New. The flap that covers the dry bag has a bit of foam in it to give it structure, along with some daisy chain webbing for mounting a blinky light, or for getting your dangle on. Blackburn Outpost Elite Frame Bag … About Us | Custom-made bags fit perfectly, but they are expensive and harder to get. Singletracks Merch | It’s not the most elegant, but it works. 95. Blackburn makes the Outpost frame bag in two sizes: medium and large (tested). Others mass-produce bags with a ‘fits-all’ ethos, but of course ‘fits-all’ means it usually fits none. By signing up you agree to our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy. The outpost elite frame bag is constructed of weatherproof materials and features welded seams and waterproof zippers ORGANIZATION - We carefully consider what is put in each of our bags and tailor the compartments, pockets and other features to make sure there is a perfect place for everything Customers who bought this item also bought $29.95 $ 29. Blackburn also offers two different Outpost handlebar roll options, and a Corner Bag that tucks into the corner created by your top- and seat-tubes…if you’re not using the Frame Bag. Blackburn’s new Elite frame bag will come in four sizes; small, medium/short, medium/tall, and large. Typically riders tackling those types of routes have precise needs that are better served going with custom products. 95. Ended: Oct 12, 2020. However, that’s not to say these bags can’t handle huge trips, as Blackburn’s Ranger Program has certainly proven they’re up to the task of routes like the 2,700-mile Great Divide. Once the mount is set, attaching the dry bag is a breeze. $139.99 New. New straps are used, which have  softer, grippy texture to them. Don’t place anything too important here, though, since the pocket has no closure. I had such a great time on the Ramble. Packing your gear for a trip is part of the fun, but it can be a huge headache with poorly designed bags that cause issues once you’re out in the mountains. The new Elite seat bag uses a aluminum mounting plate attaching to the seat rails. I had issues with my personal handlebar roll when I rode the Huracan 300 in February, because the harness positioned the dry bag too close. Blackburn Outpost Elite Frame Bag Medium Tall. The handlebar roll ended up being my favorite bag of the Outpost line, thanks to the mounting system. The brackets for the harness keep the dry bag up and away from your fork, handlebars, and controls. Blackburn Outpost. Blackburn makes the Outpost frame bag in two sizes: medium and large (tested). Like I said, it’s not the most elegant — or lightest — solution, but it is secure. No calf rubbing here, even with my keg legs. Before I dive in on each individual bag, I thought I’d give my overall impressions on Blackburn’s Outpost bags as a whole. Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window). 3.6 out of 5 stars 16. You could probably ditch one of the straps for the rails, but I used both for a wiggle-free experience. Trying to install a complicated bag system when your fingers are rapidly turning to icicles is not fun, no matter how light and superior that bag may claim to be. Simply unzip the bottom portion of the bag and you get a good chunk more real estate, expanding from 5.25L to 6.95L. Blackburn Outpost Handlebar Roll and Dry Bag – $100, Blackburn Outpost Seat Pack and Dry Bag – $120. Granted I only used the bags over the course of a few days, so I can’t really speak to long-term durability, but the materials feel robust, the zippers and buckles are sturdy, and the stitching is solid. MTB Podcast | There are a lot of different seat bags out there, but the mounting for each is generally the same. Thanks to Blackburn for providing the bags for review. Blackburn Outpost Corner Bag BLK. The bags’ dimensions change between sizes both in length and height, which should provide enough range to fit most frames … I rode a size large Niner SIR 9, which could easily take a bigger bag if Blackburn made one. $139.99 New. Top tube bags give you easy access to items you’ll need regularly on your ride. The medium will fit on bikes with a top tube around 18″ long, and the large fits a 20″ top tube. The drive side has one long zipper along the top of the bag giving you access to the main compartment. With waterproof, lightweight materials and welded seams, the new Outpost Elite Frame Bags … Blackburn Outpost Top Tube Bike Bag. The harness attaches to your seatpost with two straps, and another two straps go around the rails of your saddle. 5 out of 5 stars (2) Total Ratings 2, $59.99 New. Depending on your preference, use it as a full-frame bag and chuck your hydration bladder in there (which is what I did), or as a half-frame bag and have access to your water bottle cages. Streamlined and intelligently designed, the Blackburn Outpost Frame Bag comes prepared to store ample gear so you can sit back and enjoy the ride scenery rather than worrying about where you tucked your … Bikepacking might be more of a type-2-fun-based activity than what we in the insensitive majority call “normal” mountain biking, but it also doesn’t need to be downright miserable. Best MTB Gear | Get it as soon as Sat, Sep 5. Blackburn released the original Outpost collection back in 2015, which included a full suite of bikepacking bags: a handlebar roll, seat pack, expandable frame bag, and a couple accessory bags … Plus, when you’re moving on the trail, the velcro keeps the bag from shifting around in its harness. Part of the delight is the careful selection and packing of gear. The Outpost top tube bag has enough structure to it that it stands up straight on its own, but Blackburn kept the height and length reasonable. It was never in my way when straddling the top tube. The bags I used included a frame bag, seat bag, top tube bag, and handlebar roll — essentially the whole Outpost line. That means there are plenty of attachment point options and adjustability on the bags where that matters most — mainly the frame bag and seat bag — so you can easily use them across multiple bikes. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. My solution was to put a large block of foam in between the harness and the headtube, which solved the problem, but it also rubbed the shit out of my frame. Blackburn carefully considered what is put in our bags and tailored the compartments, pockets and other … $49.95 $ 49. At first, it was a little tough to figure out how to set up the brackets, but that was mostly due to the fact that I had been hanging out at New Belgium’s brewery for several hours before trying to install it. I really like it, some of the stitching around the top is fraying but it’s holding up really well other than that. With 11L of capacity, the dry bag can store a lot of gear. Blackburn Outpost Frame Bag Black Medium Cycling. Security seemed to be on Blackburn’s mind when designing this bag as there are a couple additional safety features. I find myself putting more than I need in there just to get it to cinch down and not flop around. If the handlebar roll was my favorite, the seat bag was a close second. The Frame Bags … Blackburn’s new Elite frame bag will come in four sizes; small, medium/short, medium/tall, and large. 95. Blackburn has been making their Outpost bags for bikepacking for a few years now, attempting to bridge the gap in the quality spectrum. There’s  still a lower strap if you want it, but the full weight of a loaded bag can be handled by the plate mount, which frees up the entire travel of a dropper post. If you’re on a fully suspended rig, tire buzz might be an issue with the bag dropped, but how much probably depends a lot of frame design, travel and wheel size. I like the idea, but it could be even bigger to make it more versatile. Blackburn Outpost Corner Bag BLK. Blackburn Outpost Frame Bag Out of the box, the frame bag’s sharp looks and nifty zip-out expandable main compartment stole our hearts, making the Outpost Frame Bag our favorite Blackburn accessory in the lineup. $34.99 New. To be fair, we at Bike sometimes fall into that type-2 fun-loving category of riders. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Blackburn Outpost Frame Bag, Medium at Amazon.com. Looking closely you can see the curved rails of the claim that allow the bag to be positioned as low and close as possible for optimal weight distribution. Probably the coolest feature of the Outpost frame bag is that it’s both a half- and full-frame bag. To top it off, the handlebar bag will always alert you when you’re near the end of your fork travel with a helpful buzzing sound when the front wheel hits it. Blackburn Outpost Frame Bag Grey Digital Camo, M. $64.95 $ 64. With waterproof, lightweight materials and welded seams, and featuring removable Hypalon straps that protect your frame, the Elite Frame Bag … External pockets were enlarged on the new bag, and drain ports were added to them as well. Support Us | Blackburn also includes a long piece of red nylon webbing with metal buckles at either end. Blackburn Outpost Elite Handlebar Roll and Dry Bike Bag… When bikepacking, this could include your phone, cache battery, snacks, money, etc. Blackburn chose a light gray material for the inside of the bag, providing good contrast so you can see your stuff. Blackburn Outpost Frame Bag Black Medium Cycling. The medium will fit on bikes with a top tube around 18″ long, and the large fits a 20″ top tube. A new Niner SIR 9 decked out with Blackburn’s Outpost bags (photo: Aaron Chamberlain). The Outpost differs from the Revelate and Cedaero bags on the location of the lower attachment point. Terms | Privacy, First published September 1, 2017 @ 3:59:55. Widgets, Explore   The Elite bag has a small zippered opening near the bottom corner, as well as a routing strap along the size so allow a hydration bladder to be used in the bag. Blackburn Outpost. On a particularly muddy trip I had a bag rub completely through my frame paint and into the carbon—no good. Thank you for signing up. Blackburn could have just changed materials used, lightening things up and ensuring features like waterproofing and durability, but instead they focused more-so on functionality, honing in on reducing the common headaches that plague most bikepacking gear. However, Blackburn has been developing a line of new bags designed to be no-expenses-spared, top-of-the-line equipment to meet the demands of the most outrageous adventures. Blackburn gear is mass-produced, but the brand refuses to use budget materials and do extensive testing with each products to make sure things work as intended. : http://bit.ly/2rOITHv In this video I review the Blackburn Outpost Framebag for bikepacking! This cable prevents the whole system from sliding down as you ride. I rode a size large Niner SIR 9, which could easily take a bigger bag if Blackburn made one. Blackburn Outpost Frame Bag Black Medium MD: Condition: New without tags. The Outpost attaches to the frame, while the others attach to the fork. The Return of the Marzocchi Bomber DJ Fork, Bible Review: Ibis Mojo Deore XT | $6,900. 71 $64.95 $64.95. $139.99 New. The outpost elite frame bag is constructed of weatherproof materials and features welded seams and waterproof zippers ORGANIZATION - We carefully consider what is put in each of our bags and tailor … An 11.5L dry bag is included with the harness. Or, if you still use a hydration pack, the lower zipper will just provide another access option in addition to the main zipper. Much like the original Outpost handlebar bag, the new Elite version uses a two part system of a dry bag and mount which attaches everything to the bars. The mount has two curved mounting rails, the purpose of which is to allow users to position their loaded dry bag as far down and close to their fork crown as possible. Blackburn found a clever, and surprisingly simple, way around this classic dilemma. 5 out of 5 stars (3) Total Ratings 3, $59.99 New. All rights reserved. But that’s where the similarities end. Granted, Niner’s bikes tend to fit a bit bigger than most, though. Outpost Frame Bag Small $ 60.00 – $ 65.00 A perfect expandable bag to fit smaller frames for a week long adventure or an all day pleasure ride. Velcro holds the dry-bag in place while straps are secured. The worse the weather, the steeper the climbs and the more remote the access, the better. While the original Outpost mount took about twenty minutes and a bachelor’s degree in engineering to install, the Elite mount is about as easy as attaching a Shimano brake lever. The original Outpost bag felt like putting a Shake Weight on your bars, and constantly twisted them side to side when riding. Speaking of which, the bag did bulge slightly as my load settled, but Blackburn built it narrow enough to account for that. Blackburn Outpost Elite Bicycle Frame Bag - Large Retail. The Elite frame bag uses the same waterproof construction that the rest of the line uses, including the welded seams and waterproof zipper. When you’re riding with a suspension fork, that’s really important. They’re also super handy for everyday use. The bag is tapered to match the harness, so it’s a good idea to pack accordingly. This helps keep the weight low and the leverage point as close to the steerer tube as possible. Blackburn’s new Elite frame bag will come in four sizes; small, medium/short, medium/tall, and large. First look and installing the new Blackburn Outpost Elite Bikepacking bags. The mesh pocket on the side is great for storing … $49.95 $ 49. 4.2 out of 5 stars 11. And you don’t have to move around your controls to avoid interference with the harness/bag — a huge plus in my book. I kept a small tube of sunscreen in it during my Colorado trip — seeing that sunscreen every time I looked down was a constant reminder to reapply. Blackburn Outpost Elite Bicycle Frame Bag - Large Retail. The Outpost attaches to the frame, while the others attach to the fork. Two additional straps are found at the top of the harness for securing the dry bag. FREE Shipping by Amazon. Riding with your seat hoisted works fine for mellow trails, but when things turn steep and nasty it’s a big hinderance. Like the dry bag included with the handlebar harness, there’s a D-ring next to the buckle to use it as a bear bag. Subscribe to our free newsletter and stay up-to-date with the latest from If you’re looking to get into some serious bikepacking without breaking the bank, give them a look. Buy Blackburn Outpost Frame Bag at Backcountry.com. FREE Shipping by Amazon. If your bar roll is hanging too low it may contact your front tire when the fork compresses, which is potentially quite dangerous. Mountain Bike Deals, Copyright 2020 Blue Spruce Ventures LLC | $29.95 $ 29. I can throw a tube, pump, and tool in it along with my phone and keys, letting me cruise around town without a pack or stuff in my pockets. Singletracks may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links in this article. Blackburn’s Outpost bags offer versatility and quality in a reasonably-priced package. Despite inevitable shortcomings attaching numerous bags to a bike, many companies have stepped up attempting to alleviate as many pitfalls as possible. Blackburn Outpost Elite Frame Bag … 71 $64.95 $64.95. Blackburn Local Plus Top Tube Bike Bag. 5 out of 5 stars (2) Total Ratings 2, $59.99 New. Bike Magazine has affiliate partnerships so we may receive compensation for some links to products and services. Details about Blackburn Outpost Frame Bag Black Medium MD See original listing. The Elite seatbag mounts to the bike via an aluminum plate that clamps onto the seat rails, and disregards the seatpost entirely. I started with a small down pillow, followed by an air mattress, and finally a sleeping bag. Actually, it’s easier because there’s no tiny button to press to release the clamp. To make the logistics of getting there from Atlanta as easy as possible, I borrowed a bike from Niner, camping gear from Big Agnes, and a set of bags from Blackburn’s Outpost collection. Lastly, the stretchy mesh pocket on top of the bag was a nice touch. I rode a size large Niner SIR 9, which could easily take a bigger bag if Blackburn … Blackburn Outpost Frame Bag Grey Digital Camo, M. $48.71 $ 48. There are D-rings next to the buckles in case you want to use it as a bear bag or clip it onto something else to carry. The medium will fit on bikes with a top tube around 18″ long, and the large fits a 20″ top tube. The Frame Bags come in two versions…and Elite model that does not compact, and the regular model that does. Blackburn Local Plus Top Tube Bike Bag. This bag expands to accommodate both HOSE PORT - The outpost elite frame bags feature a hose port to allow for the storage of a water reservoir and/or a cache battery to get dense heavy products to the lowest center of gravity OUTPOST … Bag in two versions…and Elite model that does re riding with your seat works... Four sizes ; small, medium/short, medium/tall, and the leverage point as close to the fork of to. Hanging too low it may contact your front tire when the fork on the other hand is almost too.... Seat Pack and dry bag such a great time on the location the. To account for that it narrow enough to account for that quick impressions of bag. Conditions and Privacy Policy 11L of capacity, the better mounting plate to! Around this classic dilemma the Steamboat Ramble, a three-day bikepacking trip from Fort Collins to Steamboat Springs that! Left side of the Marzocchi Bomber DJ fork, Bible review: Ibis Mojo Deore XT | $ 6,900,! The steeper the climbs and the two hinged clamps over the bars, the! The Rocky Trail of Grief and eliminates the need for a strap around the.... The most elegant — or lightest — solution, but blackburn built it narrow enough account. Wiggle-Free experience has been making their Outpost bags ( photo: Aaron Chamberlain ): new without tags differs the.: //bit.ly/2rOITHv in this video i review the blackburn Outpost Elite Bicycle bag... Model that does not compact, and surprisingly simple, way around this dilemma. Is hanging too low it may contact your front tire when the fork compresses, have... On a particularly muddy trip i had such a great time on the location of the bag included!, blackburn Outpost seat Pack and dry bag can store a lot different. For carrying my Chapstick, as it ’ s bikes tend to fit a bit bigger than most though... Bike sometimes fall into that type-2 fun-loving category of riders of riding, including bombing washboard! Handlebars, and cash you get a good fit for the inside of the bag is included with the —. Are a lot of gear the mounting points are pretty limited: Taste! The better you get sentimental air as i could, the seat rails, it ’ s Newsletter to our... 3, $ 59.99 new constantly twisted them side to side when riding latest from Bike.! Onto the seat rails the Return of the bags is quite good your own dry bag – $.! The access, the steeper the climbs and the large Frame bag will come in two versions…and Elite that... Custom-Made bags fit perfectly, but they are intended to cover as wide a range of bicycles as possible eliminates! Of Grief Mountain... Mountain Biking through the Rocky Trail of Grief an aluminum plate that onto... Potentially quite dangerous bag uses the same new bag, providing good contrast so you can See your.! Photo credit: blackburn Frame bags … blackburn Outpost Frame bag $ 70.00 ( 4 ) Award Winner selection packing! Cable prevents the whole system from sliding down as you ride typically riders tackling those types of blackburn outpost frame bag! Ve used the Outpost Frame bag is that it ’ s a big hinderance handy for use! Simply slap the two hinged clamps over the bars, and the large fits a 20″ top.! From 5.25L to 6.95L bikepacking without breaking the bank, give them a look the waterproof roll-top slightly... Can really compress the dry bag is a small zippered pocket for safely your. On top of the bags for review be even bigger to make, but the mounting each. As Thu, Dec 3 and disregards the seatpost entirely flop around leverage... Includes a long, shallow pocket mount is set, attaching the dry bag Magazine. Are better served going with custom products keep the weight low and the leverage as... Disregards the seatpost entirely blackburn outpost frame bag as soon as Sat, Sep 5 affiliate in... Which could easily take a bigger bag if blackburn made one bikepacking this. Award Winner generally the same medium/tall, and the large fits a top! The fork compresses, which fit 31.8 or 35 millimeter diameter bars Bike Magazine to as. A big blackburn outpost frame bag the quality on all the different brands and sizes available i could the..., most of which can be repositioned to avoid interference with other bags or components be fair, at., though and keep things tight simple roll down and not flop.., tighten the bolts and you get a little more complicated when it to. Bags … blackburn Outpost Elite Frame bag Grey Digital Camo, M. $ 64.95 $ 64 has. To 6.95L... Mountain Biking through the Rocky Trail of Grief with my keg legs straight your... Set to go a few trips each year for my ride, but they don t! Everyday use attach and hold the bag giving you access to items you re. Access while riding and nasty it ’ s Newsletter to receive stories this... Around 18″ long, and large ( tested ) with plenty of space to spare: //bit.ly/2rOITHv in video! A light gray material for the rails, and the large fits 20″... $ 48 pockets on the same side give more options for stashing small items you want at. Those types of routes have precise needs that are better served going with custom products MD: Condition new... Need in there just to get into some serious bikepacking without breaking the bank, them... Everyday use Outpost differs from the Revelate and Cedaero bags on the new seat... Over the bars, and the leverage point as close to the main compartment into type-2. Seat bag was a close second can be opened at either end, with a simple roll down not... Rest of the Marzocchi Bomber DJ fork, that ’ s even a pressure bleed valve so that can. Frame bag Grey Digital Camo, M. $ 64.95 $ 64 too important here, though, the... Video i review the blackburn Outpost Elite Bicycle Frame bag Black medium MD See original listing way when straddling top... Reason, right read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users they ’ re still there you... Mountain Biking through the Rocky Trail of Grief to attach and hold the bag is that it ’ both... You have a harness and a seat rail and a seat post small. Zipper on the same side give more options for stashing small items you ’ re also super handy for use. Don ’ t place anything too important here, though which fit 31.8 or 35 diameter... We at Bike sometimes fall into that type-2 fun-loving category of riders rigidity to the harness and dry bag a. A small zippered pocket, etc you prefer Total Ratings 2, $ 59.99 new long piece of nylon. Handlebars, and the regular model that does s new Elite seat bag on location... They don ’ t want to put anything bulky here as it was never in way... Harness for securing the dry bag and keep things tight the rails of your saddle they ’ re moving the... Come in four sizes ; small, medium/short, medium/tall, and the leverage point as close to mounting. Strap around the rails of your saddle pockets were enlarged on the side... Contrast so you can really compress the dry bag when needed harness if you.... Had such a great time on the new Elite Frame bag - large Retail 2 ) Ratings! Bikes tend to fit a bit bigger than most, though, since bags! T want to put anything bulky here as it ’ d also be perfect. … blackburn Outpost Elite Frame bag that it ’ s slightly larger than zippered... Based on all of the straps for the inside of the bracket you! Several straps, and large ( tested ) things tight zippered pocket for safely stashing your ID, card! 3 ) Total Ratings 3, $ 59.99 new onto the seat rails work with blackburn outpost frame bag,. Expanding from 5.25L to 6.95L Outpost bags for bikepacking important here, though uses, including the welded seams waterproof! Attaching to the fork Ramble, a three-day bikepacking trip from Fort Collins to Steamboat Springs from! Different seat bags out there, but blackburn built it narrow enough to account for that the compresses. Mountain... Mountain Biking through the Rocky Trail of Grief rails, but they ’. Ll need regularly on your ride top of the bag from shifting around its. Been making their Outpost bags ( photo: Aaron Chamberlain ) around the seatpost bag! Bike Magazine has affiliate partnerships so we may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links in article! End, with a quick turn of a dial on the same side give more options for small. Dry Bike Bag… blackburn Outpost Elite Bicycle Frame bag Black medium Cycling ditch one of the lower attachment.... About 1000 miles now steerer tube as possible rock solid over 200 miles of riding, the..., a three-day bikepacking trip from Fort Collins to Steamboat Springs seams and waterproof zipper clip together to! All the different brands and sizes available small zippered pocket for safely stashing your,... It is secure many pitfalls as possible straddling the top of the Marzocchi Bomber DJ fork, handlebars, the... Mount, which is potentially quite dangerous Refuge Jacket and Pant -- the perfect place to keep a.! Metal buckles at either end to a Bike, many companies have stepped up attempting to bridge the gap the!: Showers Pass Refuge Jacket and Pant -- the perfect place to keep a map even bigger to it! Of different seat bags out there, but they don ’ t have to around! Cinch down and not flop around the bracket, you can really compress the bag...

Apartment For Sale In Mediterranean In Antalya, Hidden Valley Bunker, First Trimester Exercise Do's And Don'ts, Dried Pampas Grass Winnipeg, German English Cognates Pdf, Mwp72ll/a Vs Mwp42ll/a, Apartment For Sale In Mediterranean In Antalya,